How you decorate a coffee table can change the entire look of the space. Second only to the sofa the coffee table is the workhorse of the living room. The coffee table can serves as a make shift dining table, a place to put your feet up or the spot that house your remotes.
We’ve had our coffee table for as long as I can remember. It was one of the first pieces of furniture my mom bought as a newlywed. It seen it’s fare share of TV shows, hosted countless meals and a rousing game or two of monopoly. I was straightening up the house the other day and just decided it was time to shop the house and properly fancy up the coffee table. The question I asked myself is how do you make it both stylish and useful.
After a bit of internet research and some cleaver observation here are five pieces that I think bring together both form and function and will turn your coffee table into a beautiful decorated space.
- Books – for your guests to read. Duh They’re called coffee table books for a reason!
- Box – for storing those unsightly remotes in one convenient place.
- Flowers – for texture a color, don’t have fresh flowers consider a potted plant or succulents.
- Object, for something personal unexpected, my shell ball was bought back on a weekend getaway.
- Tray, for holding the previously mentioned items
Keep reading below to see my picks for a beautifully decorated coffee table. And tell me what do you put on your coffee table? Share you tips in the comments.
Links with an asterisk contain affiliates, What this means is that if you make a purchase from one of these links Our Lake Life may receive a commission on the sale of the product
Thanks to Sarah from Thrifty Decor Chick for hosting another Before and After party.