It’s week 2 of the one week challenge and I’ve done a little bit of sprucing and a whole lot of thinking.
First let’s talk about the sprucing. I’ve collected a few plants and scattered them about the house. It’s already starting to feel a bit more lush and lived in. A tall ornamental palm tree takes up some space in the corner and adds a little natural greenery. as well as a few smaller potted plants that I’ve scattered around the room. The room is really sunny and so far the plants seem to love the spot.
Second, my mom has been rearranging her house and (temporarily) loaning out some pieces of furniture. The console that you can see peaking out from behind the sofa I snagged from her before anyone else could. It fits great behind the couch, fills up the wall space, adds a little extra storage while still providing ample space behind the couch to get to the door.
Then I got to thinking and have been really standing back and trying to figure out what’s still needed in the room, what’s not working and how I want it all to come together. Here’s what I’ve come up with:
- The coffee table is definitely too long for the space. I’ve been trying to find a really great new one but I’m struggle with finding something I love at a reasonable price.
- Not sure I’m in love with the white curtains. They hide a gigantic wall AC unit that has to stay for now but I we need some color or pattern on the wall.
- I’ve been drooling over black windows for the longest time and I think painting out the window frame black would add a lot of interest.
- The secretary is great but I might be ready to move away from the very traditional feel of the piece and maybe go with a large scale piece of art in its place.
- The indigo velvet fabric I ordered came and it’s to die for. I can’t wait to replace the striped pillows with velvet ones for the fall.
Finally here are some of the latest rooms that have me turning my head and drawing inspiration from.